About the role:
Snapptrip is a subsidiaries of Snapp Group, the largest Internet services company in the Middle East. Snapptrip operates in the field of online travel services (hotel and ticket). We are ambitious, passionate and excited about pushing the boundaries of the travel industry to new frontiers in order to become the first choice of every traveler in Iran.
The Senior Administrator provides key data recommendations and best practice solutions to all tech teams and he is responsible for all activities associated with the management and operation of database platforms: implementing data models and designs, creating database tables, indexes, and views to support new and existing applications, design and implementing transaction and full backup policies and procedures, monitoring database size and performance, tuning SQL queries, developing prototypes to demonstrate proposed functionality, produce support documentation, and provide production support.
Take the first step towards your dream career, Every Snapptrip technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and
· Strong and demonstrable experience as DBA in large-scale PostgreSQL environments
- Documented hands-on expertise managing high-volume instances of PostgreSQL setups featuring high availability
- Linux shell scripting and general Linux system administration experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to get to the route of an issue quickly
· Experience working on 24×7 environments oriented towards a zero downtime target.
This means that for the majority of the time you can work from home if you want. We would expect you to come into the office one day a week to maintain team knowledge.